Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State (I/C), Housing & Urban Affairs is going to lunch Swachh Manch portal for the contribution of Swach Bharat Mission on 10th August 2018. This web portal is a platform which will bring every stake holder to contribute for Swachhta mission under a common platform. The platform will allow stakeholders to create/invite/participate in volunteering opportunities around neighborhoods. The Swachh Manch will also be integrated with the existing Swachhata App to act as a citizens’ grievance redressal platform.
Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister will also Swachh Survekshan 2019 under which the survey for cleanest city will be held for year 2019. Swachh Survekshan 2019 – planned to be conducted from 4th – 31st January 2019 – to rank all cities under Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U).
Under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban), urban areas of 18 states, and a total of 3,223 cities have become Open Defecation Free, and 2,712 cities among them have been certified as ODF through an independent third party.
Swachh Survekshan 2019 / Swachh Manch Web Portal
Below are some details and highlights of Swachh Manch portal and Swachh Survekshan 2019.
- The Swachh Manch portal platform will allow stakeholders to create/invite/participate in volunteering opportunities around neighborhoods.
- Swachh Manch will enable uploads of pictorial evidence of citizens and organizations participating in the initiatives, as well as record the number of hours volunteered, as acknowledgement of citizens’/organisations’ efforts and contributions to the cause of ‘swachhata’.
- Swachh Survekshan has become ‘swachhata’ a thing of motivation and pride – something to look forward to and aspire for.
Ease of Living Index – Details
Central govt. will launch Ease of Living Index along with an Ease of Living Index dashboard. The important features of highlights of ELI Program are as follows:-
- In this initiative, govt. would provide national ranking of 111 cities.
- ELI Dashboard will give ranking to the cities across pillars, category, geographical zones and population classifications.
- Ease of Living framework will include 4 pillars – Institutional, Social, Economic and Physical. These pillars will be further classified into 15 categories and 78 indicators.
- ELI dashboard will also comprise of a feature to compare and analyse the performance of cities on the basis various liveability parameters.
- Ease of Living Index initiative of MoHUA will help cities to assess their liveability conditions through global and national benchmarks.
- This will also encourage cities to move towards an “Outcome Based Approach” to urban planning and management.
The Ease of Living assessment standards are closely linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and will provide a strong impetus to India’s effort for systematic tracking progress of SDGs in the urban areas.