Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched many ambitious schemes after forming the BJP government in central. On 2 October 2018 Modi is going to launch a campaign named Sabki Yojana, Sabka Vikas on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Birth anniversary. This campaign will involve people at the grassroots while preparing structured gram panchayat development plans, along with a thorough audit of the works done in the last few years.
The mega campaign, to start on Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary, will be conducted just before the elections in three major BJP-ruled states and also before the 2019 general elections. The campaign will be concluded in the month of December and all the Gram Panchayats in the country will have to keep up a notice board with the details of the work done by it in the last few years.
They have to provide the details of the use of funds received from various sources and details of their allocation and also what developmental activities it plans to undertake in the 2018-19 financial year.
Details of Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas Campaign
Campaign Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas is being rill out to have to proper account of the Gram Panchayat works and other activities and more details are given below.
- The main motto of this campaign is to look up the works done by the Gram panchayats for the development of the society with the funds received from various sources.
- Under this mission Gram Sabha meetings will be made mandatory where the trained assistants who will be related to all 29 sectors assigned to the Gram Panchayats, acording to the 11th schedule of the constitution will have to be present.
- This campaign will include sectors agriculture, rural housing, drinking water, poverty alleviation programmes, social welfare, cultural activities, market and fairs, etc.
Drive Under Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas in 25000 Gram Panchayats
The drives in 25000 gram panchayats will be held on various basis and with a complete process which is given below.
- Centre’s new campaign involves preparation of well-structured development plans for more than 250,000 gram panchayats
- Villagers will themselves prepare development plans and seek answers on funds allocated and spent
- The gram panchayats will have to publicly display all sources of funds collected and their annual spending, along with future development initiatives
- The new campaign comes close on the heels of two-phased Gram Swaraj Abhiyan to ensure universal coverage of seven major government schemes.
Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas Programmes
Below are the programmes or the schemes which will be examined under this campaign.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (for gas connections)
- Saubhagya (household electricity connections)
- Ujala (distribution of LED bulbs)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (no-frill bank accounts)
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana (life insurance cover)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (insurance scheme) and Mission Indradhanush (immunization programme).
The development plan of each gram panchayat will have to be shared with the Centre after the campaign is over. Letters are being sent to all state chief secretaries and others to kickstart the programme.