Indian Railway Network is vast network which serve best service to the society as compared to other facility of transportation in the country. Being a big network the railway has lack of amenities at the stations so railway has launched Rail Sahyog Portal railsahyog.in. Railway minister Piyush Goyal launched Rail Sahyog Portal through which the private and public sectors can contribute CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) funds for the development of facilities and amenities at the railway stations.
The companies who will contribute the funds on the rail Sahyog portal will be promoted at the amenity for which they will contribute. The railway has identified five type of activities for which the companies can contribute funds which are as follows:-
- Toilets in circulating areas
- Providing free Wi-Fi with Kiosks for e-services for citizens at stations
- Plastic bottle crishing machines
- Steel benches
The railway minister said that the railway has set up a simple and transparent process to use CSR funds. The companies who will contribute funds to railway, their names, logos or even company names on the amenities which will be set up by their funds.
Rail Sahyog Projects
The Indian Railway will receive the contribution from the companies for the basic amenities which are described below.
- Construction of toilets in circulating areas of all stations with provision of low cost sanitary pad vending machine & incinerator in female toilets and condom vending machine in male toilets
- Providing free Wifi at stations preferably with provision of Kiosks
- Provision of Benches at station Platforms and Waiting Halls
- Bottle crushing machines at major stations for ensuring environmental sustainability. The empty water/cold drink bottles generated from the Railway passengers will be crushed in these machines to manage plastic pollution
- Dustbins at all stations will help in preventing littering around. Separate dustbins for wet/dry waste need to be provided at Circulating area of Station and Platforms
- Any other facility, amenity or service which a CSR partner may like to provide on/near Railway stations or on trains as per CSR guidelines of Railway Board.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Piyush Goyal said that the “Rail Sahyog” portal is an example of changing times & speedy execution of projects in Railways. This portal will provide an opportunity for Industry/ Companies/ Associations to collaborate with Railways. This portal will not only be beneficial for passengers but also for the neighborhood of Railway vicinity.