The state government of Bihar had started a new scheme named Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana to provide financial assistance to the girls who pass 12th class with good marks. Kanya utthan yojana in Bihar was started in the month of April in the financial budget. Now the state government has begun the process of identifying the beneficiaries of the scheme. The one-time monetary award of Rs. will be given to the girls as part of the Nitish Kumar government’s ambitious scheme Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana (MKUY).
Bihar board of education has declared the result for 12th class and the state government of Bihar is identifying the girls who are eligible to take the benefit of Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana Bihar. According to the Principal Secretary of Education Department, Bihar, the money would be transferred directly to their bank account in July, after identifying the eligible candidates.
In case of a graduate, Bihar government has promised to give a sum of Rs 25,000 irrespective of the girl’s if she is not married. Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana Bihar aims to take care of a girl, irrespective of her caste or religion, by providing a total sum of Rs. 54,100 at different stages.
Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana Details
Here are complete details and highlights of this scheme.
- MKUY was approved by the state Cabinet on April 19 this year
- The scheme is run by the education department which aims to promote education among girls, besides fighting social evils like child marriage, which, in turn, would lower fertility rate and control population
- It offers a bouquet of incentives for girls, right from their birth till they complete their graduation
- Parents will be given Rs 2,000 for the birth of a girl child, the amount will be deposited in their accounts under the scheme.
- Passing Intermediate Exams (Rs. 10,000) – Under Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, a girl will get Rs. 10,000 as incentive on passing intermediate examination. To avail this amount there is a pre-condition that the girl is unmarried. Married girls are not entitled to avail this benefit. This step will help in preventing child marriage.
- Passing Graduation Degree (Rs. 25,000) – For this incentive, a girl must have passed graduation degree from any institution. Moreover, these incentives are not subject to any precondition for marriage. All girls either married or unmarried can avail these benefits as at the time of passing graduation, a girl becomes major.
Document Required for Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
Here is the list of the documents required which are to be submitted at the time of application.
Permanent Address Certificate.
12th pass marks sheet