Delhi Govt. Doorstep Delivery of Services Scheme has been implemented from 10th September 2018. The government has also launched door step delivery of services Delhi helpline number 1076 which is useful to avail 40 services Delhi at your home. Under this scheme the helpline number will enable the people to have 40 types of certificates/services in their hand at home. This scheme will skip the long queues procedure which is used to avail various services and certificates from government offices.
Delhi minister Kailash Gahlot said that the services under this scheme will be linked to 40 departments by October 2018 and within a span of two or three months in the future more than 100 services will be provided under delhi door step delivery of services scheme.
Various types of certificates like ration card, income, caste and marriage certificate will be delivered at citizen’s home under this scheme. The people can also sign up for old age and handicap schemes from their homes and people have to pay an additional fees of Rs. 50 to avail services.
Working Process of Doorstep Delivery of Services Scheme
The government has fixed a procedure by which the scheme will run and will provide various types of facilities to the people at their home.
- VFS Global will be the connecting level between government and citizens under this scheme which is an outsourcing and technology services provider that ois known as visa and passport processing services to government around the world.
- VFS global will hire mobile sahayaks or helpers who will visit people’s home and will collect the information required for the government to issue various documents for which they have applied.
- The government has already set up a call center through which the citizens will be able to make requests for documents or services.
- After receiving the request will be redirected to VFS global after that mobile shayak will go to the citizen’s home and will upload the documents needed for the application with the help of mobile phone or tablet.
- After that the documents will be mailed to citizen’s address.
Various certificates such as caste, new water connection, income, driving licence, ration card, domicile, marriage registration, duplicate RC and change of address in RC, among others, will be covered under the scheme.
If a person wants to apply for driving licence, he or she would have to call a designated call centre and give the details. Thereafter, the agency would assign a Mobile Sahayak, who will visit the applicant’s residence and get the required details and documents.