The state government of Odisha launched Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana to provide financial assistance for health coverage in the state. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched this universal health coverage scheme keeping the health of the citizen in the mind. Newly launched ‘Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana’, universal health coverage will provide benefits to around 3.5 crore people from over 70 lakh families in the State.
Under this scheme the state government of Odisha will provide Rs 5 lakh per annum to the beneficiaries for healthcare expenditure at all government-run hospitals in the state. The Chief Minister also announced that drop back assistance of Rs 500 will be provided to all pregnant women and infant who visit public health facilities.
The newly launched Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Odisha will come in effect from 15 August 2018 and the application form for the same will also be invited from Independence day. The complete details about application form and health card will be started after the official implementation of this scheme and you will also be informed at same time.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana : Benefits & Highlights
Though the government has not revealed all the information about this scheme but we can give an overview of this scheme which is given below.
- Under this health coverage scheme Odisha the government will provide help upto Rs. 5 Lakh per family for treatment in the government hospitals in the state.
- Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana will provide benefits to around 3.5 crore people from over 70 lakh families in the State.
- Odisha government will implement this scheme officially on 15th August 2018 and the applications will also be invited from same day.
- The entire cost of the scheme will be borne by the state government.
- Under this scheme each and everyone who visit any government health institution from district to sub-centre level will be provided all health services free of cost.
- Under this scheme the government will also provide drop back assistance of Rs 500 to all pregnant women and infant who visit public health facilities.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Hospitals List
The state government of Odisha will provide benefit of this scheme to the citizens in government limited hospitals, some of them are listed below.
- Chittranjan Sewa Sadan, Cuttuck
- Prime Hospitals, Cuttuck
- Pandacurie Cancer Hospital
- Sadguru Hospital
- LV Prasad Eye Institute
- Ayush Hospital
- Kids, Bhubanaeswar
- Neelachala Hospital
- Vivekananda Hospital
- Amri Hospital
- Emergency Hospital
- Christians Hospitals
The state government of Odisha has launched this scheme on the lines of Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana which is currently running in the state for the welfare of the farmers. This new health scheme will be boon for the citizen of the state and the beneficiaries will be identified soon under this scheme.