The state government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to provide Rs.5000 to pregnant women under Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana. Central government announced this scheme in the UP Budget 2017-18. Now UP government has directed the health officers to start this scheme officially. Under this scheme the central government will provide Rs.5000 to the pregnant women for their first baby. The pregnant women have to feed their name at the official website http://nrhm-mcts.nic.in/.
The government has directed the officials to upload the data of the pregnant women under Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana. The government has also directed that the beneficiaries women will be connected to the scheme through their Aadhar Card number.
Details of Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana Uttar Pradesh
Below are the details & highlights of Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana.
- Under this scheme the benefit will be given to the pregnant women for their first baby only.
- The amount will be given in three phases.
- Under the scheme, the first installment of Rs. 1000 will be issued on behalf of ANM to register the pregnancy of the woman.
- After six months, there will be check up of pregnant women and two thousand rupees of the second installment will be transferred into their account.
- After vaccination of six months on the newborn baby, two thousand rupees will be given as the third installment.
- At the same time, women will get the amount of Rs 1400 under the Janani Suraksha Yojana.
Under this, for the first time, the woman who is pregnant will be given five thousand rupees in three installments. Under Pradhan Mantri Matra Vandana Yojana, work of linking, survey, data feeding and support has been started.